NERA COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Application Deadline to June 30, 2023
The NERA College Scholarship Program recognizes the sacrifices by the Reserve component of the United State Armed Forces and their families. These scholarships are made possible by donations from NERA and its members.
- Five Scholarships $1000-$2000
- In order to qualify for the scholarship, the applicant or sponsor must be a member in good standing with NERA before the scholarship deadline: June 30, 2023. All member dues must be paid in full by June 29, 2023. (Please note all that is required to be a NERA member is a $30 annual membership. Anyone is welcomed to join.)
- Eligibility and consideration for the scholarship awards.
- Currently serving Reserve, Active & IRR members of the United States Armed Forces.
- Dependents (son, daughter, spouse) of those currently serving in the United States Armed Forces
- A spouse, son, daughter or grandchild, sponsored by a current NERA member
- Applicants must be enrolled or planning to enroll, full-time or part-time in the fall semester immediately following award of the scholarship. Enrollment may be in any associate's degree, vocational or trade school program, undergraduate program leading to a bachelor’s degree, master's degree program or postgraduate doctoral degree. Only accredited schools will be eligible.
- The applicant must currently have an overall GPA of 3.0 or equivalent. If an applicant does not meet this requirement, they may apply and note their merit and achievements.
Applicants must write a two part essay consisting of a 500 word minimum and 600 word maximum. The first part shall identify the applicant's aspirations, course of study and the school in which the applicant is enrolled for the coming fall. If the applicant's major course of study is undeclared, please indicate such but still identify their interests.
The second part of the essay should identify and explain the role of the Reservist in America and the importance of the Reserves to our national defense.
Only online submissions will be accepted. You must be logged into your NERA account to apply. If you are applying as a NERA family member and/or you do not have a NERA account, please click 'Create a new account.' Please do not use your sponsor's account. Create a new account, in your name, to upload the required documents.
Once you have an account created and are logged in, go to the top of the page and click your name. Click on the tab 'Scholarship Application' (it is to the right of your picture or camera icon). Upload the required documents.
Allowed file formats for the Application and Extra Documents are PDF, DOC and ZIP. The maximum file sizes allowed are 10MB. When using a ZIP file only include the allowed file formats. If there are issues with converting from JPG to PDF please contact Jennifer Abbott, [email protected]
JPG and PNG files are allowed in the Upload Image section.
Note: Applicants who submit an incomplete application or do not provide all the required documentation, will be disqualified from consideration for a scholarship. Applicants must provide their permanent home address, not their college address. It is the applicant's responsibility to notify NERA of any change of address, including new phone numbers.
QUESTIONS AND INFORMATION
Should you have any questions about the scholarships, please Jennifer Abbott at [email protected] or telephone NERA at (800) 776-9020.